07 June 2010

Dazed in the cinders. Thank cookies!

The Overberg firefighters are awesome.  Totally awesome.  I just had to say that.

So, it’s been an interesting week.  A lightning strike in the mountains set off a wildfire and we got the news that it was headed towards my parents’ and uncle’s homes on Thursday.  My folks headed that way, I babysat the dog, and we waited.  On Friday the firefighters arrived and started backburning in our area, and by early Saturday morning – I mean not-time-to-go-sleep-yet early – they were off evacuation alert.  The fire got to the fence of the house on the other side of my uncle’s – it was that close.


In the meantime, there was this suddenly-trivial thing in the background.  Called exams.  Wrote statistics this morning, which actually went ok, all things considered.  It’s not like I could focus that well on anything until I got the news on Saturday evening.


All’s well that ends well.  On to Evolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment