10 May 2010

Mother's Day

I feel really, really lucky to have the family and friends that I do. Especially my mom. This family spins so hard and fast that if she wasn't there, holding on to routine & what matters, we'd have spun to opposite ends of the galaxy by now.

She's witty, and creative, and good with her hands, and kind, and patient, and an awesome gardener, and saintfully competent, and generous...

If ever (gods forbid, spitspit) I became a parent, I'd want to be like her.

So, because I am broke, and it was the only thing I could do with the stash I had, I made her a spice mix and embroidered a cover thingy to go on top.

I also phoned Technical Mother In Law, which is good anyway - she's an awesome woman. It's really tough that all her children have moved away.

Sometimes, living in the real world and real economy sucks toxic kali pond slime. As Robin McKinley says.

ETA: Cover thingy photo!  which I'm really rather proud of, all things considered.  Love you, Ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment